Step 1. Create an App's File
We will start by creating a file for our future app: a simple HTML file with included source files of the library.
We will use the standard edition of the dhtmlxGrid package in the dhx_skyblue skin that requires including 2 source files on the page:
- dhtmlxgrid.js - the main grid's engine and API
- dhtmlxgrid.css - the main file of the grid styles. It contains various predefined skins-related styles
To prepare the app's file:
Back to top
- Download the "dhtmlxGrid " package (link to download), if you haven't already have it on your computer.
- Create a folder with the name "grid_server " in the root directory of your local web server.
- Create a subfolder with the name "codebase " in the "grid_server " folder.
- Extract the content of the "dhtmlxGrid/codebase " folder of the package to the "codebase " folder.
- Create the "index.html " file in the "grid_server " folder.
- Include the dhtmlxGrid's source files to index.html (all source files reside in the "codebase " folder).
<title>dhtmlxGrid. Server side</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="codebase/dhtmlxgrid.css"> <script src="codebase/dhtmlxgrid.js"></script> </head>