Step 1. Create an App's File
We will start by creating a file for our future app: a simple HTML file with included source files of the library.
We will use the standard edition of the dhtmlxGrid package in the dhx_skyblue skin that requires including 2 source files on the page:
- dhtmlxgrid.js - the main grid's engine and API.
- dhtmlxgrid.css - the main file of the grid styles. It contains various predefined skins-related styles.
Working with dhtmlxGrid, you may require some wider extension functionality. In this case you just need to include the necessary extension files from the package on the page.
To prepare the app's file:
Back to top
- Download the "dhtmlxGrid " package (link to download), if you haven't already have it on your computer.
- Create a folder with the name "basic_grid " in the root directory of your local web server.
- Create a subfolder with the name "codebase " in the "basic_grid " folder.
- Extract the content of the "dhtmlxGrid/codebase " folder of the package to the "codebase " folder.
- Create the "index.html " file in the "basic_grid " folder.
- Include the dhtmlxGrid's source files to index.html (all source files reside in the "codebase " folder).
<link rel="stylesheet" href="codebase/dhtmlxgrid.css"> <script src="codebase/dhtmlxgrid.js"></script> </head>