The following terms are connected with dhtmlxMenu component:
Back to top
- Menu item - a single item in a menu;
- Complex menu item - an item in a menu that has sub-items in it;
- Polygon - area where items are located;
- Top-level polygon - its items are always visible on startup. It should be noted that contextual menu doesn't have top-level polygon;
- Sub-level polygon - its items become visible when the user hovers over any complex item that has at least one visible (not hidden) sub-item in it;
- Sibling items - items that are located in one polygon. Siblings are child items of some parent item;
- Child items - items that are located in one sub-level polygon. Child items of one parent item are siblings to each other;
- Separator - the horizontal/vertical line separating groups of menu items from each other;
- Checkbox - a menu item that has a small square box (in the left part of item display area), which displays a “v” when it is clicked on by a mouse.
They are provided to allow users to choose one or more options, as more than one check box can be clicked;
- Radio button - a menu item that has a small selectable circle (in the left part of item display area), which displays a “●” when it is clicked on by a mouse.
Radio Buttons are grouped so that only one can be chosen at a time.